Traditional Caribbean Curry Shrimp
- Frying Pan
- 2 cup fresh shrimp
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Cooking Oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tomato large
- 2-3 blades chives (eschalot/scallions)
- Scald shrimps in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes depending on size of shrimps.
- Cool and peel off heads and shells.
- Cut open the back of shrimp remove black vein.
- Wash in lime juice and salt water.
- Lightly brown onions in oil on medium heat.
- Add curry powder and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add one cup of coconut milk and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Add butter and slivers of eschalot and shrimp and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve hot over white rice.